Failure to follow proper standards of medical care during a delivery of an infant child could cause that infant child to suffer permanent live threatening personal injuries. Some of the following are examples of injuries that an infant child could incur. At the PECK LAW GROUP you will receive excellent legal representation and the financial recovery needed to pay for these infant birth related injuries.
- Large babies (babies over 8 pounds 13 ounces)
- Prematurity (babies born before 37 weeks)
- Cephalopelvic disproportion (the inadequacy of the size and shape of the mother’s pelvis)
- Dystocia (difficult labor or childbirth)
- Prolonged labor (labor lasting for a long period of time)
- Abnormal birthing presentation (babies positioned breech or buttocks first prior to delivery)
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Brain Cooling
- Structural or metabolic defects
- Environmental causes
- Multifactorial birth defects
There are many more causes of significant birth related injuries. Please visit our website at www.thepecklawgroup.com for examples of other birth-related injuries.
About the Author
Attorney Steven Peck has been practicing law since 1981. A former successful business owner, Mr. Peck initially focused his legal career on business law. Within the first three years, after some colleagues and friend’s parents endured nursing home neglect and elder abuse, he continued his education to begin practicing elder law and nursing home abuse law.